Erin Migdol, the chronic illness editor at The Mighty, wrote great summary of eleven companies that hire employees part-time, freelance, telecommuting, for side hustles or other arrangements that may be helpful for those living with disabilities. These companies offer a flexible work schedules, part-time work, working from home, and other arrangements like working online. Companies that offer adaptive work help those working with a disability.
Balancing the demands of working a full-time job and the self care needed can drain your energy. Try these companies that offer a flexible work arrangements. Then, if you succeed in getting hired, leave us some feedbacks and your insider tips below. Finally, be sure to add any companies you know about to the list.
Some companies I have previously worked with include:
- WyzAnt (online tutoring) - at WyzAnt, you can set your own rates for online tutoring and you keep 60%-80% of your hourly rate, depending on how many hours you have accrued with WyzAnt as a tutor.
Working with a Disability
The following eleven companies hire professionals with experience in several fields. Many should be able to find a position that interests you. The companies that Erin Migdol of The Mighty spotlights are:
- Alorica (customer service)
- Appen (language and machine learning)
- Edmentum (online courseware development and remote instruction)
- Hubstaff (employee time tracking software)
- Intuit (phone tax support specialists, search USA Remote)
- ModSquad (online moderator)
- Stitch Fix (clothing stylists)
- Transcribe Me (online transcription)
- UpWork (variety of freelance positions)
- VIPKid (online English tutoring, very early morning!)
- The Word Point (language translation services, send your resume to email@example.com)
Finding the right position that allows you to earn money while maintaining your health may take some searching. It is worth a little trial and error to find the right balance! Leave us feedback below about your experience with the hiring process. Let us know if you try them out!