Text to Speech Demo
affordable counseling near me
Accessible Career offers both in-person and teletherapy or online appointments Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday and Sunday afternoons. If you are in the Houston area, an in-person meeting is preferred before starting teletherapy.
Accessible Career accepts a variety of ways to pay for sessions.
- Self pay. Clients provide the full fee at the beginning of the appointment.
- Reduced-fee scholarships. We don't want the sessions and rates to be a barrier. Accessible Career offer some reduced-fee sessions of $90/session for up to 90 days when you provide some financial info.
- In-network insurance. We are in-network with Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield (most networks) and Cigna. Contact your insurance company to understand your benefits before scheduling your first appointment.
- Out of network insurance. We are out of network with United Healthcare, Magellan, Humana, and most other carriers. If available, you can use your insurance out-of-network behavioral health benefits. You pay our full fee at the beginning of the session and we provide you a statement for potential reimbursement. Contact your insurance company to understand your benefits before scheduling your first appointment.
- Accessible Career does not accept Medicaid or Medicare currently.
Request an appointment at Accessible Career or free, 15-minute phone consultation by calling 832.777.7464.
If you are unable to reach us, you can leave a brief message with your name and phone number. During business hours, we will return your call within an hour or two. If you call after hours, we will call you the next business day.
counseling sessions and rates
You and your counselor will begin meeting weekly for the first several sessions. You and your counselor will meet at least every other week, if clinically appropriate. Your counselor may set less frequent meetings (maintenance) when goals have been met if you both agree.
You can select the following session lengths to fit your budget:
- Sixty (60) minute intake (in person only) for $200 (first meeting only or one-time consultations).
- Forty-five (45) minute session (in person or online) for $150.
- We provide a few affordable counseling scholarships ($90 per 45-minute session).
You can file for reimbursement from your insurance through "out of network" benefits. Check with your insurance before scheduling an appointment.
our affordable counseling
Accessible Career wants you to have the counseling sessions and rates you need when you search for "affordable counseling near me." College students also need affordable counseling sessions and fees. We don't want finances to be a barrier to mental health care.
- Call 832.777.7464 for a free 15-minute phone consultation to see if Accessible Career is the right fit for you.
- Provide limited financial info to receive the reduced fee with Accessible Career,
Accessible Career has affordable scholarships for individual counseling at $90 per 45-minute session.
If none of these options work for you, you can also check out other affordable counseling options available in the Houston area or access therapists through Open Path Collective ($30 to $80 per session).
Fees for appointments are paid in advance or at the beginning of each session. Accessible Career accepts payment by cash,
insurance for therapy
If you have insurance through Aetna, BCBS, and/or Cigna, you may use your insurance. You will need to pay the amount the insurance pays (usually between $85 and $105 per session) until the deductible is met. Then you pay the copay and/or coinsurance after the deductible is met. Remember that your deductible resets yearly.
If you have a different insurance company, we can provide you with a statement. You can then file with your insurance. The insurance may pay you back a portion or all. Please check your insurance benefits before our first appointment. You will be responsible for paying the agreed-upon fee. Payments are made at the beginning of the appointment.
Currently, Accessible Career accepts insurance for mental health care. Insurance companies require a diagnosis. We need to prove "medical necessity" for therapy for your insurance to pay.
insurance for career exploration
Sometimes, insurance companies do not pay for therapy if it is not for a medical reason. If you have a condition like depression, anxiety, AD/HD, and/or autism, your insurance may still pay. You can contact your insurance company for further information.
If you cannot make your appointment for any reason, please let us know more than 48 hours in advance. You can send an e-mail or text 832.777.7464. Clients who cancel appointments less than 48 hours in advance or who do not show for any reason will be charged a cancellation fee. Your fee will be equal to the scheduled session fee. We understand that emergencies happen and family members get ill. If that happens, we may be able to arrange a refund.
When you and your counselor meet, you will do most of the talking. It helps if you complete the paperwork ahead of time and bring it with you.
We will discuss confidentiality and its limits. Our counselors answer questions you may have about us working together. In our first meeting, you can begin to tell me your story. We can discuss any goals you may have. It may take more than one session to decide what to work on.
After that, we will begin to set goals. Sometimes, you may have homework and reading outside of our sessions. You may spend time on your resume and updating your LinkedIn profile. We will work together to decide when you are done with counseling.
Are you struggling to manage your career? Not certain what steps to take to get working again? Let's meet up to explore some options and develop a plan to get you launched. Schedule a session to get started!
our office location
112 W. 4th St., Houston, TX 77007
between Heights Blvd. and Yale St. on W 4th St., just north of I-10.
Parking is available in the front on W. 4th St. Come around to the front door facing W 4th St. You will need to ring the front door to be admitted.