To request an appointment at Accessible Career, call 832.777.7464.
If you are unable to reach us, you can leave a brief message with your name and phone number. During business hours, we will return your call within an hour or two. If you call after hours, we will call you the next business day.
When you and your counselor meet, you will do most of the talking. To make our first meeting the most productive, it helps if you complete the paperwork ahead of time and bring it with you.
We will discuss confidentiality and its limits, how Accessible Career is paid, any questions you may have about us working together In our first meeting, you can begin to tell me your story and we can discuss any goals you may have. It may take more than one session for you to discuss potential areas that you would like to work on.
After that, we will begin to set goals, develop objectives, and work on your goals. Counselors at Accessible Career often assign homework and reading outside of our sessions so that you can accelerate your progress. We will work together to decide when you are done with counseling.
Fees for appointments are paid at the beginning of each session. You can pay by cash, check, credit/debit (MasterCard, VISA, Discover, or AMEX) including flexible spending accounts (FSA), and PayPal. You are responsible for payment of the full fee and we can discuss insurance when we meet. Online appointments can be paid by a credit/debit card on file or by PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
counseling appointments and fees
Are you struggling to manage your AD/HD, anxiety, depression, Asperger’s/ASD or other condition and your career? Not certain what steps to take to get working again? Let’s meet up to explore some options and develop a plan to get you launched. Schedule a session to get started!
You and your counselor will begin meeting weekly for the first several sessions. The minimum frequency to meet is every other week if clinically appropriate. Less frequent meetings (maintenance) can occur when goals have been met upon agreement by the counselor and client.
You can select the following session lengths to fit your budget:
- Sixty (60) minute intake (in person only) for $200.
- Forty-five (45) minute session (in person or online) for $150.
- Thirty (30) minute session (in person or online) for $100 if clinically appropriate.
You may be able to get reimbursement for your session fees from your insurance through “out of network” benefits. Check with your insurance when scheduling your appointment. If none of these options work for you, call me to discuss your situation as I have a few limited-time, reduced-fee spots available. You can also check out affordable counseling available in the Houston area.
college planning options and fees
College students can increase their success in college by creating a plan. Accessible Career offers two options for helping you get ready:
- Group counseling – College Success with Asperger’s ASD for $320 ($240 plus $80 for mini-intake).
- Success at College – one monthly one-hour planning session, in person or online, with three weekly online 15-minute check-ins for $350.
- College Launch planning – one monthly one-hour planning session with three weekly one-half hour skill-building sessions for $500.
career planning options and fees
Launching into your career after completing your degree can be successful with the right plan and follow up. You can choose one of the following that suits your needs:
- Career Explorer – Not sure what to do with your degree? Take a month or two to explore your interests, building a resume that spotlights your desired career and builds the skills needed to get your career started. This package includes one one-hour intake and planning session, the Strongs Interest inventory, the one-half hour results consultation, a half-hour resume building session, the half-hour interview coaching session and a half-hour next steps follow-up for $675.
- Career Launch – Having trouble getting started? Spend one month tuning your resume, setting up your LinkedIn profile, practicing your interview skills, updating your cover letter, and planning your job hunt. This package includes one monthly one-hour planning session with three weekly one-half hour skill-building sessions for $500.
- Career Tune-Up – one monthly one-hour planning session, in person or online, with three weekly online 15-minute check-ins for $350.
- Career Consultation – Got a particular question or two, but really you have four or five (or more), on your mind? Come in for a one-hour consultation, bring your resume or LinkedIn profile and we’ll brainstorm the best way to handle your situation for $200.
insurance for counseling
Currently, Accessible Career accepts insurance as an “out of network” provider for mental health care. Career counseling and planning may not be included for reimbursement. We can provide you with documentation so that you can file for reimbursement. Please verify your insurance benefits before our first appointment. Full payment will be your responsibility.
A variety of affordable community counseling resources are available throughout the greater Houston area.
If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment time for any reason, please notify Accessible Career more than 24 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment. Clients who cancel appointments less than 24 hours in advance or who do not show for any reason may be billed an appointment cancellation fee equal to the scheduled session fee (unforeseen circumstance may be taken into account).
our office location
112 W. 4th St., Houston, TX 77007
between Heights Blvd. and Yale St. on W 4th St., just north of I-10.
Parking is available in the front on W. 4th St. Come around to the front door facing W 4th St. You will need to ring the front door to be admitted.