The following is a list of Houston counseling resources that may meet your needs if you feel Accessible Career may not be a fit. However, we would like to offer you a chance to chat. Call us for a personalized referral at 832.777.7464.
In the event of a mental health emergency, if you are in danger, or if you are about to hurt yourself, for immediate assistance, dial 911.
Accessible Career does not have after hours or 24-hour assistance available. In the event you need help now, call 911 or go to your local emergency room. The Neuropsychiatric Center provides 24-hour services for psychiatric emergencies.
for Houston counseling resources in your insurance network, you can try:
To search for a specific insurance provider, consider the following directories:
Psychology Today (select your insurance provider on the left side)
GoodTherapy (select your insurance provider on the left side)
Mental Health America of Greater Houston Guide to resources.
Julianna Poor Memorial Counseling Center offers individual, couples, and group counseling as well as a variety of workshops periodically. For information on setting an appointment, call 713.335.6462 General Services Bldg. 4211 Elgin or visit their website.
Jewish Family Services offers counseling to people of all faiths focusing on affordable counseling. To schedule an appointment, call 713.667.9336.
individual and family
Psychological Service and Resource Center at the University of Houston provides counseling to the community. Services for veterans and families are available at no cost. For further information about their services, call 713.743.8600.
Krist Samaritan Counseling Center, located in the Clear Lake area, offers counseling and psychological testing. To schedule an appointment for counseling, call 281.480.7554. You can get further information on psychological or educational testing here.
The following providers offer assessments or evaluations. Whether you need an evaluation for your education or to provide your employer appropriate disability-related documentation for your accommodations, the following sources may take insurance or offer a sliding scale:
The University of Houston
3695 Cullen Boulevard Room 126
Houston, TX 77204-5022
Services include dyslexia and ADD/ADHD assessments. Fees vary, sliding scale available but the provider does not accept insurance.
Kristen S. Hassett, PhD, Licensed Psychologist @ Psychouston
13201 Northwest Fwy, Suite 780
Houston, TX 77040-6008
Services include learning disability and ADD/ADHD assessments. Fees start at $850.00 to $1,000 for assessment but the provider does not accept insurance.
Outpatient Assessment for Adults in the Menninger Clinic at Baylor College of Medicine
- Michelle A. Patriquin, Ph.D., Staff Psychologist, Outpatient Services
- Alton Bozeman, Ph.D., Staff Psychologist, Outpatient Services
- Jonathan Stevens, MD., Psychiatrist (Specialist in ASD, AD/HD)
Phone: (713) 275-5229 Fax: (713) 275-5136
- Evaluations for autism spectrum disorders including ADOS/2 and ADI-R (gold standard)
- Assessments for ADD/ADHD and learning disabilities
- Neuropsychological evaluations
- Medication management of ASD and AD/HD
- Varies by assessment type and rate per clinician, sliding scale may be available
- Accepts insurance
Dr. Amanda Barrow, Ph.D., Psychologist
11104 W. AirPort Blvd., Suite 135, Stafford, TX77077
Phone: (832) 328-0008
- Psychological Assessment
- Psycho-Educational / Intellectual Assessment
- Evaluation for Gifted and Talented Programs
- ADHD / Learning Disabilities Assessment
- Neuropsychological Assessment
- Autism Spectrum / Pervasive Developmental Disorders Evaluation
- Varies by assessment type and rate per clinician, sliding scale available
- Accepts insurance as an out of network provider