Is Online Therapy Right For You?
Busier than ever? How do you find time to see a therapist?
Tired after a long day at work, you head to your car. Your kids and your partner are on your mind. You start your car and sigh. Do you just cancel?
Pay the cancellation fee this time? Ugh. You put it in reverse. Even though it feels good to have someone to talk to, getting there takes energy. It has already been a stressful day. Good thing you are going to talk to someone.
But it may be awhile before you get there. Or, even if you found a therapist near your office, you will have to drive home after hard emotional work. Driving and crying is never comfortable!
Online therapy allows you to participate in therapy at a place you choose.
Online Career Counseling
Using a secure video app, you can have an online career counseling session with a trusted professional. Even better, you can use a counselor in your insurance network or one recommended by a friend.
Accessible Career is in-network with
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Cigna EAP
- Lyra Health EAP
- Modern Health EAP
Online career counseling works best if you find a quiet, private place to have your session. Meet your online therapist in your closed office, your bedroom, or even from your car while parked. Choose a time that works for you by creating an account and selecting a time through our online portal.
Is Right Now The Best Time For Online Therapy?
Online therapy is not appropriate for every client for every period of therapy. You deserve the right level of care when you seek therapy. Some clients find meeting in-person more comfortable. Others have trouble finding a private location.
Who Isn't A Good Fit For Online Therapy?
Clients who require a higher level of care may benefit from structured programs that provides intensive, in-person individual and group therapy. These programs emphasize client safety while providing multiple therapies as part of the program. Some examples of higher levels of care, but not limited to are substance use recovery programs, eating disorder recovery programs, and mental health crises (including treating active suicidal clients).
Examples of Programs Offered In-Person Include:
- intensive outpatient programs
- partial hospitalization programs
- in-hospital programs
- dual-diagnosis programs
While some intensive outpatient programs are offered online, most meet several times a week for several weeks to accelerate progress or provide appropriate and safe clinical care. Some programs are structured to provide clients with safety while healing. Others provide medically-necessary interventions in addition to psychotherapy.
Online Therapy Pluses
With advancements in technology, online therapy has made astronomical progress in terms of quality and user experience. Online therapy has its advantages. Among them are:
- Convenience: therapy where you are at a place you trust. This place looks different for every person. Some people prefer to have their online therapy session at home. Others feel more comfortable in their car or in a park. It makes no difference to us, as long as you're comfortable!
- Access: finding a therapist that you "click" with can be a challenge. Sometimes, you have to try a few different therapists to see who you work the best with. Sometimes recommendations from others can be helpful in this process. Picking a therapist recommended by a friend can be a great option. Additionally, you're not limited by geographic location when making the choice of an online therapist. And, you might have an easier time finding a therapist in-network.
- Time: there's much more flexibility in scheduling an online therapy appointment. You don't have to consider traffic or finding a parking spot near the counseling clinic. You'll likely notice that there are more times in your schedule that you can squeeze in an appointment. This could be during your lunch hour or the time in between your favorite shows.
- Schedule yourself: it's up to you! With our portal, it's easy to schedule. You can pick a time that works best for you. In addition, some folks prefer this method because you can actually "see" what's available. For some, having a visual is helpful when making plans.
Beginning Online Therapy in Texas
Receiving online therapy has many benefits. Online therapy provides added convenience, flexibility, and access that is lacking in traditional in-person therapy. Whether this is your first experience with online therapy or if you're a seasoned veteran, we're happy to help. When you're ready to begin your journey with online therapy, follow these steps:
- Contact us and schedule an appointment.
- Get to know our team.
- Start receiving quality services when and where it works for you.
Other Services Offered in Houston, TX
Online therapy isn't the only service we provide. We offer many services at Accessible Career online or in our Houston clinic. However, we are seeing most of our clients online. Other services we offer include career counseling, counseling for autistic adults, and couples counseling. If you're curious to learn more, schedule a free consultation. Accessible Career is happy to provide some referral sources if we are not the right fit.