At Accessible Career, we provide therapy and counseling services by licensed therapists in the Houston Heights area. We help students and families, college students, career starters and seasoned professionals.

If you are ready to make an appointment or just have questions, call 832.777.7464 for a free 15-minute phone consultation so we can answer any questions you may have.

what we do

sessions & rates


when we are open for appointments

welcome to accessible career

Thank you for reaching out to Accessible Career. We’re glad you are thinking about working with us, it is a big decision. We want you to read about how we work with our clients to map out steps and create a career plan.

Here are some common reasons people contact us:

Students and their families: Your student may be struggling in school. She or he may not be getting along with friends. Grades may be dropping despite working late on homework.  He or she doesn't seem to be keeping up. You stay up wondering...AD/HD?...learning disability...something else? Let us talk with you and your student to check out what is going on. We can come up with a plan to increase academic and social success.

College Students: Everything worked well in high school when you and the teachers had a plan. They made small allowances. But what can be done at the university? Let's talk about the options and resources at the campus. If we plan ahead, your student will thrive.

Starting your career: Having a condition like depression, AD/HD, anxiety, or autism can feel like it always gets in the way of your job hunt efforts. Let's talk about strategies to shorten your job search and find a balance between work and health.

Professionals: Whether you are thinking about the next stage in your career, trying to make a career transition, or considering a career during your retirement, you may find it helpful to bounce ideas off of a counselor. Let's help you plan around your disability to increase your career satisfaction.

How to set up an appointment:

  1. Call us at 832.777.7464.
  2. We'll direct you to the intake paperwork and schedule your session.
  3. During the first couple of sessions, we'll discuss your history, the roadblocks you see and what impacts your success.
  4. After a few sessions, we'll work together to create a plan and begin working on objectives.
  5. Then we'll help you find or develop the career that you love!

We are so glad you are here. Please contact us if you would like to set up a counseling or therapy appointment: click here to send us an e-mail or call 832.777.7464.

If you are not sure yet, look around the site and ask lots of questions.

We want you to find the right counselor for you or your student.

Talking about your condition and how it impacts you can feel awkward. We want you to feel comfortable and hope that you'll find you can trust us. You can call us at 832.777.7464 to ask us any questions. Here are a few common questions below:

Q: What type of counseling license do you have? 

There are several professionals that provide therapy in the state of Texas and each has different education and training.

Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) has a master's degree and has completed at least 18 months of counseling under supervision after passing the state counseling exam. A licensed professional counseling intern (LPC-Intern) is still under supervision and is working toward the full license.

Licensed Psychologist has a doctoral degree in psychology and has completed a one-year APA-approved internship. They often also provide testing, psychotherapy, and expertise in legal proceedings.

Licensed Specialist in School Psychology (LSSP) has a specialist degree in school psychology and work within schools. However, an LSSP with a doctoral degree can practice independently. They often perform assessments for learning disabilities, psychological conditions, AD/HD, and autism.

Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist has a master's degree in marriage and family therapy and have completed a 3000-hour internship. An LMFT supports individuals, couples and families approach to therapy for a systems perspective. A licensed marriage and family therapy associate (LMFT-A) is still under supervision and is working to complete their full licensure.

Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) has training in social work and have completed an additional 4000-hour internship to provide counseling services as well. Licensed clinical social workers have expertise in medical case management, social services, and mental health.

Q: What type of therapy training do you have?

I have a master's degree in clinical psychology from Sam Houston State University and I have completed full licensure as a licensed professional counselor.

Q: What are the counseling sessions like?

Each client has a unique story of how their condition impacts their life and work. I listen to each client, ask clarifying questions, and team up with them to set goals, create objectives, and follow up on progress.

Q: How many counseling sessions do most clients attend?

Your needs are different from others and your length of therapy will depend on your goals and how often we meet. Some clients meet only for a short time to complete a specific goal and others continue while they work on new goals.

The most important thing about therapy is that you are comfortable with your counselor.

If you live in the Houston Heights area, please call us to set up a counseling appointment: 832.777.7464.